Welcome to Badgerswood & Forest Surgery
We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The approval of the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca vaccine provides a major boost to our plans to offer protection to our patients.
- The new guidance from the JCVI on the period between doses also means that we will be to get the maximum benefit for the most people in the shortest possible time and will help save lives.
- The large increase in Covid cases hospitals are seeing and the emergence of a new variant of the virus also shows that we cannot let our guard down now and even those who have received a vaccine still need to follow social distancing guidance.
- Please do not contact the surgery nor the hospital to seek a vaccine, we will contact you in the order that the NHS has instructed us to
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
Thank you for your patience
Dr A Leung & Partners
The practice operates out of two sites, the Forest Surgery in Bordon and the Badgerswood Surgery in Headley and also provides medical care for the surrounding villages.
Although patients receive the majority of their care from one site, patients may occasionally be asked to visit the other site for emergency appointments or specialized care.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
As a result of the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the Badgerswood, Forest and Pinehill surgeries are making significant changes to the way we work.
• All appointments will now be by telephone.
• Access to all practice sites has been restricted.
• All routine blood tests, NHS checks and non-urgent work have been suspended.
• Your surgery stays the same. Your usual doctor does not change
• The Chase and Headley Pharmacies will continue to operate as normal. Please observe the 2m distance when waiting to enter the pharmacy.
• Royal Surrey midwifery has been relocated from the Forest to the Badgerswood Surgery.
• Baby immunisations will continue to be done but we have combined the first vaccination appointment with the usual 6 week baby and mother check to minimise surgery attendances. We will also contact you ahead of your appointment to complete some of the consultation over the phone.
• If you suspect you are suffering from COVID-19, you should visit NHS 111 Online (111.nhs.uk) in the first instance, or telephone NHS 111 if you do not have access to the internet.
We are all very grateful for your understanding during this difficult time.
There are parking bays for disabled drivers. The buildings are on one level and wheelchairs can enter all consulting rooms.
The patients’ lavatory is equipped for wheelchair use.
(Site updated 26/08/2020)