Welcome to Badgerswood & Forest Surgery
Flu campaign 2020-21
Any patient aged 65 and over or under 65 years of age but in a clinical "at risk" group is eligible for a flu vaccination.
We are actively inviting patients who are eligible for the flu vaccination. However, if you have not received any correspondence but are eligible, please contact your surgery to book an appointment. We have clinics running during October and November.
Please note that if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier as per the above.
The practice operates out of two sites, the Forest Surgery in Bordon and the Badgerswood Surgery in Headley and also provides medical care for the surrounding villages.
Although patients receive the majority of their care from one site, patients may occasionally be asked to visit the other site for emergency appointments or specialized care.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
As a result of the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the Badgerswood, Forest and Pinehill surgeries are making significant changes to the way we work.
• All appointments will now be by telephone.
• Access to all practice sites has been restricted.
• All routine blood tests, NHS checks and non-urgent work have been suspended.
• Your surgery stays the same. Your usual doctor does not change
• The Chase and Headley Pharmacies will continue to operate as normal. Please observe the 2m distance when waiting to enter the pharmacy.
• Royal Surrey midwifery has been relocated from the Forest to the Badgerswood Surgery.
• Baby immunisations will continue to be done but we have combined the first vaccination appointment with the usual 6 week baby and mother check to minimise surgery attendances. We will also contact you ahead of your appointment to complete some of the consultation over the phone.
• The Forest Surgery site will be reserved for patients who, following their telephone appointment with a triaging clinician, need to attend for symptoms suggestive of possible Coronavirus infection.
• The Badgerswood and Pinehill sites will be reserved for patients whose triaging clinician believe they do not have any symptoms of Coronavirus infection but need face to face assessment.
• If you suspect you are suffering from COVID-19, you should visit NHS 111 Online (111.nhs.uk) in the first instance, or telephone NHS 111 if you do not have access to the internet.
We are all very grateful for your understanding during this difficult time.
There are parking bays for disabled drivers. The buildings are on one level and wheelchairs can enter all consulting rooms.
The patients’ lavatory is equipped for wheelchair use.
(Site updated 26/08/2020)